Zero Cancellation Fee on Lufthansa Airlines
Lufthansa is a famous German aircraft which is popular with passengers for several reasons. It bagged the title for being the largest Airlines in Europe. One more reason for the increasing popularity is due to the pocket-friendly fares. The Lufthansa rates are quite affordable and you can save more money by checking the deals and discounts. Hence it gives you many reasons to book your Lufthansa reservations. However, before booking your reservation it may be prudent to check the Lufthansa cancellation policy and other cancellation details. Last-minute changes are common in reservations and you may think about cancelling your ticket due to some personal or business reasons.
In this article we will take a sneak-peak into the Lufthansa cancellation policy and the other cancellation details about this popular aircraft:
Lufthansa 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Lufthansa follows a Lufthansa 24 hour cancellation policy where the airline permits the passengers to cancel the ticket before 24 hours before the cancellation. The 24 hours cancellation policy states that if you cancel the ticket after 24 hours of the scheduled departure then you will need to pay a cancellation fee of thirty-nine dollars
Let’s check out some more important points with regards to Lufthansa cancellation policy and refunds:
- You should the ticket online by going to my bookings, by entering your details and by hitting on the cancellation button.
- In most of the cases, you will be eligible for the refund. The refund amount will be processed to your bank in 2-3 days post the refund request.
- In the case of complication in calculations, the refund amount may be delayed. You may not be able to see the cancellation button in case the refund amount is already processed and in cases where you are not eligible for the refunds.
- You can apply for the refund up to one day before departure.
- The refund amount will be processed in the same bank amount and in the same currency which was used at the time of making the payment.
- In case you had paid in cash then the aircraft people will ask for your bank account details and the refund amount will be processed in the same bank account.
- At any point of time if you face any issues with the Lufthansa cancellation policy or refund you can reach out to the 24/7 customer support. If you have booked through a travel agency then you need to contact them for getting your refund
- If Lufthansa has cancelled your flight, you can rebook your flight at a later date or you can apply for a refund.
- Under any circumstances, you must read the terms and conditions carefully mentioned at your ticket.
Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation – Frequently Asked Questions
Lufthansa booking cancellation can be done online and the process is quite simple
For cancelling the ticket online follow the steps mentioned below:
* Go to the official page of Lufthansa
* Go to ‘My Bookings’
* Enter all your details
* Select your booking
* Click on the cancellation button
* Post the cancellation you will receive an email with the Lufthansa cancellation number
Lufthansa air ticket cancellation charges are quite affordable and do not burn a hole in your pocket.
After you have cancelled the ticket, the refund will happen automatically in case you had purchased the ticket online or from the Lufthansa office. The money will be credited to the same bank account that you had used during the time of the purchase. However, if you had booked with the help of a travel agent then you may need to contact them for getting the refund. In case you had purchased your ticket from the Lufthansa airlines and paid via cash, in such a situation as well it is possible to get the refund online. In this case, the Lufthansa members will contact you to get your bank details.
Lufthansa airlines will refund the amount in the same currency that you had used during purchase.
The cancellation button will not appear under the below circumstances:
* The ticket has already been refunded before
* The deadline for the refund request has crossed (You need to check the terms and conditions mentioned in the ticket for getting more details with regards to this.
* In case you have a Miles & More booking that is not handled by the Lufthansa then in such cases also the cancellation button may not appear and you will need to get in touch with your Lufthansa Service centre.
According to Lufthansa cancellation policy, at present, it is possible only to cancel the entire booking online. For additional queries and concerns, you can reach out to our customer support team.
Lufthansa ticket cancellation can be done easily. However, if you face any issues during the process you can contact our customer support team you can find our contact details on our homepage or visit the Lufthansa Service centre. Our customer support team consists of professional individuals who will provide you timely responses to your queries and concerns.