Cancellation Policy of Cathay Pacific Airlines and Other Cancellation Related Details
Cathay Pacific is a popular brand name due to premium quality services. Cathay airlines come in the list of the top five airlines in the world. Here, we will take a look at the Cathay Pacific flight cancellation policy. The airlines have gained huge popularity due to multiple reasons. It is one of the top airlines’ companies which have amazing cabin crew and airline staff. Due to the COVID pandemic, Cathay Pacific has enabled safe travel for the passengers with Cathy Care. The airlines have enabled contactless check-in and boarding to prevent the spread of the deadly virus. Biometric gates are available at the boarding which allows physical distancing. The temperature of all passengers is checked and it has been made compulsory to wear a mask. At Cathay airlines, the authorities have laid more importance on cleaning and sanitation and even sterilization robots have been deployed. Antimicrobial coatings are applied to all the passenger facilities.
However, you must be aware of the cancellation policies before you book your reservations in any airlines. In this article we will talk about Cathay Pacific cancellation policy and Cathay Pacific cancellation fee:
Cathay Pacific Flight Cancellation
Let’s have a look into the cancellation policies of Cathay airlines:
Cathay Pacific 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
The Cathay Pacific 24 hour cancellation policy implies that if you cancel the tickets within 24 hours of booking and if your flight departure date is after seven days then you are eligible for a full refund for both Refundable and non-refundable tickets. However, if you have crossed the twenty-four hours window then you will need to pay cancellation fees. For getting the refund you need to fill up the refund form.
If the ticket is cancelled due to the fault of the airline authorities: The Cathay Pacific cancellation policy states that if your flight is cancelled due to some issues by the airlines’ authorities and where there was no fault of yours you will receive compensation in some form or the other. You can also request them to arrange the seat in the next flight. You can also apply for a refund by visiting their website and filling up the refund form. However, if the reasons are uncontrollable then the airline authorities will not process your refund or offer you any compensation.
Let’s check the several compensation options offered by Cathay Pacific:
- When the flight is delayed or four hours or more then you will be offered two phone calls, two fax messages, emails, meals, drink etc. without charging any extra amount from you
- If your flight is delayed for twenty-four hours or more: If the flight is delayed for twenty-four hours or more the airline authorities will provide Hotel accommodation and transport between airports to the hotel
- When your flight is delayed for more than five hours and if you decide to cancel then you are eligible for a full refund. Check the points mentioned in this article for cancellation and refunds.
- Under any circumstances, you must read and understand the terms and conditions mentioned on your ticket and then proceed for the cancellation decision.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Procedure
You can cancel the Cathay airlines tickets on-line. Follow the below steps for Cathay Pacific flight cancellation:
- Visit the official page of Cathay airlines.
- Visit the travel tab and select ‘My trips’ at the travel option
- Click on ‘My Trip’
- Select the flight that you wish to cancel. Review the details thoroughly to prevent any erroneous transactions
- Calculate the refund amount that you should be getting
- Then provide your approval
- You can also cancel the ticket by simply contacting the Global Contact centre you need to provide them with the requested information for cancellation of your ticket.
- Alternatively, you can also fill up and refund the form online and offline to get a refund post-cancellation. You may also approach the counter at the airport for cancellation
Cathay Pacific Ticket Cancellation – Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on the fare rules. If your ticket says that a partial refund is applicable then you will be eligible for getting a partial refund. You need to read the terms and conditions about Cathay Pacific flight cancellation charge in your ticket before applying for a refund. You can also contact us for getting more details regarding this.
The paid reservations must be cancelled within 24 hours after the ticket purchase for getting a full refund. You may contact our Global Contact Centre for additional details.
For cancellations and refunds, you must visit Manage Bookings. However, if you have booked your tickets through a travel agent then you must get in touch with them for applying for cancellation and refunds. You need to contact Marco Polo Club and Asian Miles for redemption tickets.
For any other queries, you should reach out to the Global Contact Centre.
This depends on the payment mode used during the transaction. If you had utilized PayPal or Credit card for transactions then your residual refund amount will be processed within seven days after deducting the cancellation fees.
If you cancel your tickets after the privileged period in Cathay airlines then you will need to pay one hundred dollar and fifty rupees for unused and partially used tickets. If your ticket is expired then you will need to pay two hundred dollars.
However, if you have used any other forms of payment you may need to wait for thirty days or more for getting a refund.